Gordon College Campus Enhancement Plan ®
Gordon College engaged Derck & Edson to use the Campus Enhancement Plan process to develop concepts for the campus that would be sensitive to campus aesthetics, leverage the campus to Gordon’s advantage to get the most for the money spent, and take care of known problems. More specifically, the College was looking for a plan that would:
- take an incremental approach to improvements
- develop concepts for exterior spaces in view of their long winters
- address the nighttime feel of campus
- work within Gordon’s yearly funding framework
- identify projects that could be easily accomplished from a funding and scheduling perspective
- identify campus improvements will have the biggest positive impact on enrollment
Additionally, the College wanted analysis and suggestions on how to best deal with decades-old housing units that needed to be replaced and how to do this in view of anticipated growth in campus population.
Derck & Edson worked to create a CEP ™ that addressed the College’s needs and was ready to present to a celebratory gathering for the College’s 125th anniversary. The plan successfully showed Gordon how they could better leverage their picturesque setting and improve first impressions of the campus while also improving circulation and safety. In addition, we developed a phased approach that incorporated both removal and addition of campus housing.