Lititz Springs Park
Lititz Springs Park has long been an integral part of the Lititz community. Originally set aside for recreation in the 1790’s, the park encompassed three springs and a stream flanked by walkways and trees. In 1956, when the park was turned over to the community, our firm was commissioned to develop a Master Plan for the park.
Working closely with the residents of Lititz, Derck & Edson developed a plan that called for improvements to the original basin and channel, a new trout basin at the entrance, new walkways, a playground, pavilions, and an amphitheater.
The Master Plan also incorporated a community center at the high point of the site, surrounded by numerous recreation and athletic areas. Lititz Recreation Center is now one of the most popular public facilities in the community.
For many years, the park has been the social center of Lititz, hosting numerous events throughout the year. It is a place of gala celebration, family gatherings, and individual quietude. It is indeed a community legacy.
A recipient of the American Society of Landscape Architects’ 1999 Medallion Award, Lititz Springs Park is recognized as one of our nation’s most significant examples of landscape architecture.