On January 1, 1940, Paul McCloud and William “Buck” Scatchard formed the partnership of McCloud and Scatchard. This landscape architectural firm was established in Harrisburg but after World War II was re-established in Lititz, in one of the same offices on Broad Street where our firm is located today.
Bob Derck joined the firm in 1957 and Charles Edson came on board in 1960. Both became partners in 1965 and the firm operated as McCloud Scatchard Derck and Edson for 20 years.
In 1985, Bob and Charlie became principal owners and the firm name changed once more to Derck & Edson Associates.
That’s our firm history in a nutshell.
Along the way, we have worked on innumerable interesting, fulfilling, and creative projects that have changed the landscape of campuses and communities throughout an ever-expanding region.
A few of these legacy projects are featured here for your interest and enjoyment. Our current staff has been pouring over these graphics too, learning from past styles, the attention to detail, and the level of professionalism achieved in a mostly non-computerized world.
We are honored to have such a rich legacy to reflect upon and the confidence to carry the history of quality planning, design, and implementation into the future.