Wilson College Campus Enhancement Plan ®
With a new administration, a recently completed science facility, and a decision to become a co-educational campus, the needs and the possibilities were many at Wilson College. The College reached out to Derck & Edson to begin planning through our Campus Enhancement Plan (CEP) process.
The CEP focused on areas of improvement that would affect first impressions of campus as well as shorter term projects that are necessary to meet the needs of a campus that is competing in today’s higher education market. Initial planning needs addressed:
- Studying a new entrance location into campus
- Exploring the re-design of the space between the new science center and the library to create a meaningful quad atmosphere
- Better identifying the campus edges and entrances
- Improving vehicular/pedestrian circulation on campus
- Identifying and locating an athletic complex that includes fields, a fieldhouse, and possible track location
- Exploring the possible adaptive reuse of the historic gymnasium
- Improving the overall appearance of the campus from landscaping to wayfinding
The Campus Enhancement Plan for Wilson College creates a vision and plans for a campus that supports the core values of Wilson College and which is student centered, friendly, welcoming, and safe.