Bloomsburg University Gateway
We provided civil engineering and landscape architecture services for the redesign of Bloomsburg’s gateway and other parking improvements north of Swisher Circle. We focused on topographic survey, site civil engineering, structural design for site walls, electrical design for site lighting, and landscape architecture while the Palumbo Group dealt with the overall project management, building demolition, and geotechnical design. The plan for Bloomsburg University’s north campus gateway and parking improvements project aims to:
- re-establish parking spaces from the existing Centennial lot to the area at the Northeast corner of the Lower Campus
- maximize the total parking provided within the project area
- create a new gateway at the north end of the Lower Campus
- incorporate the existing memorial space at the Alumni House
- extend existing communication duct bank in support of planned intersection upgrade project.
Overall, the project creates a more defined and accessible entrance to the north side of Bloomsburg University’s Lower Campus.